Minix editline v1.14.0
It is with great pleasure I announce the next release of the editline library by Simmule Turner and Rich Salz! This is a popular library, it exists in several forked versions. This release marks the end of a huge effort where archaeological methods have been applied to recover fixes and improvements developed independently over several decades by the following projects: Heimdal, Festival speech-tools, Debian, as well as patches by Mr. Steve Tell.
Noteworthy changes and additions:
- The symbols
rl_list_possib()are no longer possible to overload as function pointers. Instead the FSF libreadline
rl_set_list_possib_func()API has been added for implementing custom completion handlers.
- 8-bit handling now work correctly on non-UTF8 terminals, including meta characters and key bindings. This is actually a revert of an old broken Debian patch.
- The functions
el_bind_key_in_metamap()have been added thanks to the efforts of Festival speech-tools hacker Mr. Alan W. Black.
- Support for capitalizing words (M-c), also from Mr. Alan W Black.
- Improved FSF libreadline compatibility and signal safety fixes by Mr. Steve Tell.
- The HUGE code cleanups are mostly courtesy of the Heimdal Project.
- Several more APIs for increased compatibility with FSF libreadline
have also been added. See the file
Online GIT repository and release tarball available at the usual places:
- github:editline.git (Main GIT)
- vmlinux:editline.git (Backup)
- editline-1.14.0.tar.bz2, MD5 (FTP)
Report bugs using the GitHub issue tracker. See also the Freshmeat page for a more consistent updates.