Another release today is the venerable mrouted, now
v3.9.7 on GitHub.
Changes & New Features
- SNMP Support removed. It never compiled and would have likely
needed a complete refactor to support modern AgentX.
- Replaced static
config.mk with configure script from pimd
- RSRR Support now disabled by default, use
--enable-rsrr to configure
script to re-enable
- Possible to start with
mrouted disabled on all interfaces by
enable to .conf
phyint directive and
line options to control behavior, default is same as before. Thanks
to Joseph Gooch (@goochjj) for this feature!
- Add David Waitzman and Craig Partridge to list of original authors
mrouted, after being by Mr Waitzman :)
- Change to use
stdint.h types instead of unsafe homegrown types
- Fix issue with older BSD kernels, mainly for current FreeBSD 10 and
older, that don’t really give RAW sockets but byte swap
field, Olivier Cochard-Labbé (@ocochard)
- Build fixes for FreeBSD, should make maintaining ports easier :)
- Change from
poll() due to descriptor limits, e.g.,
- UNIX 2038 first audit, inspired by OpenBSD. Cleanup type confusion
int/u_long where it should be
time_t. Also, clarify that
is OK, since it’s used and stored as unsigned 32-bit integer.
- Lots of minor fixes detected by Coverity Scan and Clang scan-build