- You have all your eggs in one basket (GitHub), and
- You really like that shiny basket, but
- You know you’re clumsy and usually drop baskets yourself.
- You are wise (yes you are!) and realize you need another basket, so
- You set up a server and a domain yourself …
OK. Let’s start simple, since you are already running the latest Debian you fire up the command line and install the basics:
sudo apt-get install gitweb apache2
So it’ll complain, you’ll clarify your request and soon all required packages are on your server. Now what?
Debian has already set up http://localhost/gitweb for you, and if you have a domain already you should go ahead and edit the master file for that:
editor /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf service apache2 reload
If you want to use that for your gitweb needs, then you’re done![Read More]